Industry Workforce Advisors appointed
CheckUP has been contracted by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) to deliver the Industry Workforce Advisors initiative for the health industry. Industry Workforce Advisors have been established under the Good people. Good jobs: Queensland Workforce Strategy 2022-23 to help employers:
- identify solutions to their workforce challenges
- connect with relevant programs and funding, industry-based initiatives and grant funding, and Australian Government wage subsidies and employer incentives.
Your Industry Workforce Advisors
- First Nations Industry Workforce Advisor (Health Care and Social Assistance)
- Health Industry Workforce Advisor.
We are pleased to welcome Andrew Legg to CheckUP who has commenced in the First Nations Industry Workforce Advisor (Health Care and Social Assistance) role.
Vicky Meyer, who previously coordinated our Health Industry Skills Advisor program at CheckUP will now be managing the Health Industry Workforce Advisor program.
What is an Industry Workforce Advisor?
The aim of the Industry Workforce Advisor program is to provide workforce planning assistance to small to medium employers enabling them to address workforce challenges, diversify their workforces, and support workforce growth.
Maximising workforce participation enables employers to draw on a larger talent pool, ensuring all Queenslanders have access to employment opportunities, particularly people who have previously been underrepresented in the workplace.
CheckUP’s Industry Workforce Advisors will work directly with employers to:
- Create an individual workforce plan which identifies and addresses workforce challenges
- Access funded HR support/solutions for their business
- Diversify and support workforce growth
- Assist in developing recruitment strategies
- Access accredited and non-accredited industry training
- Develop plans to assist with workforce attraction and retention
- Connect with relevant programs and funding, industry-based initiatives and grant funding, and Australian Government wage subsidies and employer incentives.
How to connect with your Industry Workforce Advisor
We are inviting Expressions of Interest from small to medium health employers across Queensland to access workforce planning assistance and services, through the Industry Workforce Advisors.
To complete an Expression of Interest and have one of our Industry Workforce Advisors contact you please click here. To speak directly to an Industry Workforce Advisor you can contact them on the details listed below.
First Nations Industry Workforce Advisor (Health Care and Social Assistance), Andrew Legg, E: firstname.lastname@example.org M: 0498 801 004
Health Industry Workforce Advisor, Vicky Meyer, E: email@example.com M: 0436 814 501
More information about the Industry Workforce Advisor program is available on our website.